Friday, February 4, 2011

BIG TROUBLE.

Today has not been the easiest day. Actually, this has not been the easiest week! Tyson is finally cutting all 4 of his two-year-molars. Oh joy. Poor guy is a puddle of drool and a crying mess - especially during nap time, of course. Jersey decided to have a growth spurt at the same time which means I feel like I'm ALWAYS feeding her because she's been waking up hungry so often for the last two days. Between the two kids...it's been an adventure, to say the least this week. Today was no exception...

Tyson has, what we call, "play alone time" every morning in his room for an hour. He can't quite be trusted to be alone in his room yet, so we put him in a play yard with some toys, a cheerio snack, and some music playing. He does great in there every day and usually plays quite contentedly for a good hour before I go up and get him. Well, this week I've been suspecting that he is "bored" of the toys that are in his room since he's had the same ones in there for months now and he has really outgrown most of them if we're being honest. But being busy with a newborn I just kind of ignored that "hunch" and kept up with the normal routine. That is the last time I will ignore a hunch about a toddler. He was obviously quite bored today, as you can see from the pictures below...

When I went in to get him from his play time, he had pushed his play yard up against his dresser, climbed up the yard and proceeded to take everything out of the top dresser drawer. That means he pulled out all of the baby wipes from the container, ruined all of the little plastic bags that we use for his diapers, and the grand finale of this escapade was that he got a hold of the tube of diaper rash cream - we're talking ZINC here, people. He wiped it all over his face, it was on his eye lids and in his lashes. All over his clothes. All over the carpet and his toys and stuffed animal. And in many of the holes and crevices of the play yard. He even reached some of the clothes in his hamper and got it all over them. I could not speak when I saw the mess. All I could do was grab the camera to take a couple of pictures to document the mess I had to clean up today. And now looking back, I wish I had taken more because these pictures do not do justice to the mess on the carpet and all over his toys!
**********
How I found him...



Do you have any idea how hard it is to get this greasy stuff out of clothes and carpet? Well, I didn't either, until today. It's hard. I can't even get it completely off of his hands and face, much less his clothes so far. Welcome to the mind of a two-year-old. Curiosity and boredom at their finest, I believe. Praise the Lord it's Friday...

4 comments:

  1. Oh dude, he looks so caught. LOL Ha ha ha =) ...sorry. You'll be able to laugh about it in a few weeks. *Hugs* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you guys have a dresser-style changing table you could do what we did to keep kids out of those dangerous drawers with the Desitin in it, and put a cupboard safety lock inside the drawer (the kind with the push-down-button to unhook it). We put them in the top two drawers. If they unloaded the clothes from the bottom drawers it was a mess, and we could train the child not to do that, but it's not a huge mess like that diaper cream and other things like that. Just a tip. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. is this what is to come for me?

    ReplyDelete