Monday, September 20, 2010

Day with daddy

Last weekend I have the privilege of going on my very first "women's retreat" with our church. I left on Friday afternoon and didn't get back until laaate late on Saturday night. As the weekend approached and I prepped what Ty would need for a couple of days, Robin and I realized that I've never left the two of them overnight before! Robin and I have left Tyson with friend/grandparents numerous times, but somehow Ty had never spent a day and night just with daddy. Robin is the most amazing and helpful dad I have ever met. He and Ty are buddies (okay, if we're being honest, more than buddies... Ty thinks Robin is the coolest thing in his world and would choose him over me any day) and they always have a good time by themselves. But faced with the prospect of me being gone for 24 hours, Robin furrowed his brow and with a very concerned look on his face he said, "uhh, what do I feed him!?" I had to laugh because it sounded like he was pet-sitting for the first time or something and didn't know what the thing was supposed to eat. But remember my earlier comment about him being the best dad? After the moment of mild panic passed, Robin remembered the same thing...he already knows how to (and does) take care of Tyson no problem. He just needed a little reassurance from the wifey ;-) Needless to say they had a great time playing outside, being boys, and loving having time alone together.

Another thing that happens when mom leaves is that daddy breaks out the video camera to capture some of their guy time moments. Ty loves trains so Robin drove over to the tracks close to our house in hopes of actually seeing a train go by up close. Even though a train didn't pass by, they had just as much fun playing in the dirt with sticks while they waited :) I was glad I got to see a little glimpse of their day. Just hangin out, shootin the breeze like men do...





Okay this is also pretty funny so I had to include it. Robin put "Baby Einstein" to good use so he could make dinner for the two of them. Someone gave us an entire set of the DVD's and since Ty doesn't get to watch them very often, he freaks out because it's a real treat - especially in this video where they found one that plays "The Wheels on the Bus!"


Thanks for the day and night off, babe! I love how you take care of our son and that he loves you more than life :) You're the best daddy and will be just as great with your baby girl in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment