Sunday, October 2, 2011

Picnic Perfection

We have had the most amazing weather the last few weeks. Pretty sure this is not "normal" for Colorado, but hey, what do I know? It's been in the mid 80's - low 90's for all of September and we're still in the 80's now in October! If I'm being honest, I'm kind of ready for the cooler weather as it's confusing to be wearing summer clothes in the fall, but I'm not going to complain ;-) The other nice part about these temperatures is that it's much more "mild" than the middle of summer, so it's easy to play outside during lunch time without Jersey being too hot without any shade. Tyson's latest and greatest discovery is the art of the "picnic." He thinks it's the best thing EVER. So we decided to go on a crazy picnic adventure...in our front yard. He's still talking about it. Amazing how such a small thing can be such a great joy for a toddler :) It really was the perfect day...


*********


Ty eating his lunch on our "picnic blanket" towel in the front yard...with Jersey eyeing his food from behind!



Baby girl had a cold, so pardon the runny nose, but she LOVED being outside for lunch :)



Livin the dream...with peanut butter all over his face.





I think Ty has the cutest little feet :) Couldn't resist!





Juuust waiting for someone to let me out of this exersaucer so I can crawl all over the picnic set up...






Finally we let her loose! Jersey and Tyson are playing and interacting so much more all of a sudden. It makes me smile every single day. He makes her laugh more than anyone else! Of course he isn't that happy when she interrupts whatever toy he's playing with, but he gets over it, and she's pretty much content to just sit near him and drool on a matchbox car or something.



His favorite special treat: squeezable pureed fruit! We had some left over from our airplane travels, and since they're expiring soon I knew he would enjoy having one and it would make his lunch seem even more special (doesn't take much!).



Ty sharing his veggie straws with Jersey.



Pretty little lady...who did NOT like having her sun hat on :)



So she took it off and ate Ty's veggies straws while she was at it.



My leading lady.



Just playin on the picnic blanket.



She really will eat anything she can get her hands on. I think this was some grass...I think. Kind of funny how much the second kid gets to do that you were too paranoid to let your first kid do!






And the biggest toddler/crawler attraction in our yard: the zero scape rocks next to our front door. Jersey make a beeline for them as soon as she's on the ground. I finally gave up and let her chew on one - she's teething, she doesn't care! Besides, they are way too big to choke on ;-)



Good times and great memories made. I love being home with my babies. How else would I be able to have spontaneous picnics in the front yard!? These are the days that make not having a second paycheck totally worth it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment