Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New outside fun!

Genius toy report #2!! It has been mostly sunny and in the 90's for the last few weeks. Sounds crazy hot, I know, but it's so dry here that it's really not an uncomfortable heat. Plus, I am now fully used to air conditioning :) Our backyard gets direct sun all morning while Tyson is up and doesn't really have any shade until after his nap. I decided there was a perfect way to take advantage of that warm sunshine, and still be able to play out there in the heat of the day.

Once again, look familiar?
Our first kiddie pool! Filling it up with the hose in the morning works perfectly because the sun warms up the water after a couple of hours, and it's ready for play! I am a Sunscreen Nazi with Tyson, so he's dressed head to toe (shorts, shirt, hat) in UPF 50 sunscreen clothing. Best invention ever. And of course his hands and feet get sunscreened. Might be overkill...but at least I have a clear conscience, right? Poor kid. He gets his vitamin D when we go on walks and play outside, but not when we're in the pool! He wasn't quite sure at first what to do with this big thing full of water...

Guess it's worth tasting, at least.

Oh yeah, this is really cool, mom.

Learning how to climb in and out without slipping. His little legs are barely long enough!





Time for a water break.


I have a feeling we will spend plenty of time in this pool! I'm not gonna lie, I definitely put my swim suit on and got in. I think I had as much fun sitting in there playing as he did. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really old enough to be a mom. I think I enjoy the ball pit and kiddie pool at least as much as my kid does...

No comments:

Post a Comment