Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Desperate times call for creative measures...

We moved last weekend. Again. Always a stressful thing, even though we were very excited to be moving into our new rental house! I was significantly unprepared for how difficult it would be to unpack with an active toddler BOY around the house. I really think girls are less busy, and quieter, lol. Anyway, we survived the move, but Tyson was definitely a little bit stressed out by MORE changes (considering we just uprooted him and moved 4 months ago) which meant he was clingy, whiny, and had separation anxiety any time Robin or I even moved toward the door. I am pretty sure he thinks we're just going to up and leave him forever one of these times since he's had to keep getting used to new people, places, church nurseries, bedrooms, etc. Despite Tyson's insecurities, I still needed to unpack! Ty was off his schedule (hard to keep one at all with boxes piled floor to ceiling), adjusting to sleeping somewhere strange, and needed MORE attention at the exact time I wanted to give him LESS attention and unpack boxes instead :) Let me introduce you to my creative genius this last week...

Do these look familiar?

Yes that's right, your fond childhood memories of the "ball pit" come to life! At a garage sale last weekend, I found 5 GARBAGE BAGS FULL of these balls for $10. Robin was weirded out by how excited I was. Best $10 I've ever spent. Of course I'm not sure how we'll ever use 5 garbage bags full at one time, unless we invest in a McDonald's ball pit, but they will be put to good use, I assure you. I managed to find out little inflatable pool from last summer, and turned it into the most fun distraction from moving chaos, ever...
Ty has yet to eat inside a McDonald's, so this is a first time ball pit experience.

Still deciding what he's supposed to do in here.

Oh yeah! Whatever he wants! Roll in them, dive in them, jump in them, and let them fall over his head.

And try out every other ball in there to see if they fit. When they do, you obviously have to clap.

It was (and still is) a smashing success. And this is 1.5 garbage bags worth! I think I'm still more excited than Tyson is. Anyway, now you know how I was able to get quite a bit more unpacking done last week since I finally found a distraction worth documenting.

1 comment:

  1. genius heidi, as usual!! i use to love the ball pool and still do. lucky tyson!! moving is so much work, not to mention everything else you have going on added to the mix. applause to miss heidi!

    ReplyDelete