Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Walk in the NEW Park

Ty and I successfully navigated our way to the nearest park! One thing for sure, the sunshine here is a whole new world compared to Seattle. There is still some snow on the ground, and it was 30 degrees in the morning. Naturally, this meant that I brought Tyson's coat, mittens, hat, and warm stroller blanket - my mistake. By lunch time it was 55 degrees and bright sunshine. I was sweating on our walk from all of my layers, and Tyson would have been drastically overheated had I made him wear the hat and mittens! I think this sunshine is going to mean walks to the park almost every day...fabulous.

Also, side note, as we walked through the neighborhoods I noticed one house had all of their laundry hanging out to dry in their backyard. It's March. There is snow on the ground. This is not something you would see in Seattle. Apparently it's so dry and sunny that it's just perfect weather for air drying your clothes out in nature - news to me!

Tyson is walking everywhere now which is very entertaining to watch, and sometimes has it's challenges as he's starting to get into everything that he couldn't see before! Back home it's been pretty cold, and too wet to try walking outside (since he just started last week). But HERE it's perfect walking learning weather! Dry, sunny, warm, and relatively flat :) We went to the park and I got him out of the stroller and put him down to walk around for the first time. It took a few minutes to learn that the surfaces were different from inside the house, but he loved learning and I definitely loved following him around with the camera and documenting our first outdoor adventure.
**********
Our closest new park! Behind the camera is a whole sand box with baby swings, playhouse, etc. So great! A paved walking trail goes in a big loop around the park, too, perfect for strollers.
Obviously a fan of swings.
Cutest face in the world :) Checking out his new territory on foot for the first time!

Very serious, lots to see.


Thought about walking on the wobbly bridge...decided a tummy-view was safer.

Hmm, this grass stuff is kinda weird.

Evidence of snow! Definitely wondering what that white stuff is.

Tired little legs needed a break.

Look out!!! My brakes don't work very well yet!

I just don't like these wood chip things, but they keep sticking to my hands!

All tuckered out from the park and all that walking! Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Look at Squeakers go! Scope out all the good parks so little man King can visit them :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete