Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Well, we did it.  Jersey's first birthday party :)  We kept it pretty small and low-key, and missed having cousins and Nana and Papa there, but with Grandmommy and Pappy and a few friends, we celebrated our little princess in pink (VERY pink, as you'll see...).  I expected her to get overwhelmed and fall apart half way through, as first birthday parties usually go, but she did just great and held it together the whole time.  Here are (quite) a few pictures of the day.

My pretty, pink, princess 1-year-old!  No first birthday is complete without a feather/sequin birthday crown.

Random arial shot of our living room as the first of our friends arrived...in time to watch the end of an incredible Bronco's game, I might add ;-)  Tim Tebow always makes for the start of a good party!!!
Birthday girl with Grandmommy!
Aaaand then she discovered Grandmommy's Christmas tree pin and was completely distracted :)
Watching the end of the Bronco's game with Pappy.
"Hmm, what should I make for this party...?"
"I think I'll bake some cupcakes."
"Oh, hi, I'm just cooking in my kitchen..."
"...and eating cake mix boxes."

Ok, she didn't actually make the cupcakes, I did, but she can pretend...
Getting ready to sing and taste her first real sugar!
She kept the same blank stare through the whole song :)
A little help from big brother to blow out the candle.

Attempt at a family photo...but she was obviously distracted by the cupcake in front of her.

"What does this thing feel like?"
"Hmm...it gets all over your hands!"

"Ohh...and it tastes pretty good, too!"

Trying to get a second wind to open presents.


Tyson was glued to the pile of gifts...and not too happy about not being allowed to open them.

The girly gifts made me quite happy :)  I mean LOOK at the ruffles on that skirt!  Love it...

The wrapping paper made Jersey happy...

Loving on her little baby doll.

Cutest hand made ribbon hanging for Jersey's room!!  Finally a cute and practical way to store her hair clips :)  I just love this idea.

Oh, and she really liked the cards, too ;-)

Daddy love.

Pappy showing Ty his wooden, dancing puppet.

Everyone all tuckered out at the end of the night.  Amelia and Ty are buddies...so much so in fact that apparently she curls up on his lap to watch Veggie Tales, lol!

Pretty little princess all tuckered out.
 We had so much fun celebrating our Jersey Joy!  I still can't get enough of the pink tutu...oh my.  First girly birthday party at our house!  We find out on December 21st if we'll be adding to team boy or team girl - we'll see if there are even more girly parties in our family future.  I'm trying to get the self-control to have the ultrasound results on the 21st sealed up in a box to be wrapped, and then we'll all open it together on Christmas morning.  That's the plan, if I can stick to it!  Until then...signing off for now ;-)


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!! Please text/email when you know! :) Oh and post some pics of that baby bump!

    ReplyDelete