Saturday, August 27, 2011

New bling for the girls in our house

I know it seems like YEARS since I've blogged (at least it does to me!) so I won't even try to make excuses. Well, except for the fact that we just got back from 3.5 weeks in Seattle - that's a good excuse. More posts to come from that trip. Before I tackle the major task of sorting through all of those pictures, I thought I would blog about a couple of milestones in the Schween household this week. First, since it's not that big of a story... It was my birthday on Friday! Normally I wouldn't' blog about that (who cares how old you are once you're past 21!?), but I just had to include a picture of my birthday present from Robin:



I LOVE IT! Found it at the Anacortes Arts & Crafts Fair while we were in Washington. It's Larimar set in sterling and just what I've wanted for a sturdy, every day ring :) Thanks babe!


Secondly, the monumental milestone for the Schween family this week: Jersey got her ears pierced today!!! I think it's completely adorable and would definitely do it again. Robin captured the brief "Kodak moments" on camera.

**********

"Hi daddy. What are we doing sitting inside this funny booth?"


" And why is some lady wiping my ears with something cold and wet...? This does not seem like a good sign."


"Owie, owie, owie!!!"

(My sweet baby girl! Luckily the crying only lasted about 60 seconds.)


"Oh. Are we all done? Okay, I guess that wasn't so bad..."
Aaaaaand then the tears dried up instantly and we were all good.


Ta-da!


My cutie little girly girl - all grow'd up!


Okay, I wasn't going to include this in the story, but I MAY have cried a tiny bit myself. I wasn't planning on it! I just got a little bit caught up in the moment and randomly shed a few tears, but when Jersey just suddenly quit crying, I was fine ;-) She IS my baby after all! I'm glad we did it and I LOVE how it turned out. So nice that she looks so cute and girly and feminine even if she's not wearing a clip or a headband. And Robin was quite proud of himself that HE was the guy to buy Jersey her first item of jewelry! Our pretty pretty princess will NOT be needing any boyfriends to buy her bling! That's what her daddy is for :) Go Team Schween.

2 comments: