Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Christmas Vacation"

Russel "Rusty" Griswold: "Dad, didn't they invent christmas tree lots so people wouldn't have to drive all the way out to nowhere and waste a whole saturday?"
Clark: "They invented them Russ because people forgot how to have a fun old fashioned family christmas, and are satisfied with scrawny, dead, overpriced trees that have no special meaning."
Audrey: "My toes are numb."
Clark: "You see kids, this is what our four fathers did."
Audrey: "I can't feel my leg."
Clark: "They walked out into the woods, they picked out that special tree and they cut it down with their bare hands."
Audrey: "Mom, I can't feel my hips!"
Ellen: "Clark."
Clark: "Yes honey?"
Ellen: "Audrey's frozen from the waste down."
Clark: "Ah, it's all part of the experience honey."


I will leave the rest of the famously funny quotes for the movie viewers, since most of them are not exactly print appropriate :) Merry Christmas Vacation! This weekend we had our second annual viewing of the Christmas classic movie, "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation." Robin has been watching this movie every year for as long as it has been around. I, on the other hand, had never had the viewing pleasure until I married Robin and saw it for the first time a couple of years ago. It is a classic, yet somewhat crass, and somewhere in there is some decent humor (okay, GREAT humor, but it's balanced out by the off-handed comments throughout the movie :). I am pretty sure my parent's would hate the movie, so by no means do I put my reputation on the line to recommend it, but for the right audience, it provides and hour and a half of laughter. So, for the second year in a row, we all joined in and enjoyed the entertainment. And of course no good party can be had without dinner, a scrumptious roast, and fondu buffet! We were stuffed.

My friend Shannon Coy always brings these AWESOME Christmas hats which her mom has collected over the years. Needless to say, they provided endless entertainment for our very mature group. Enjoy the lasting impressions of the night!

**********


Joshua King, the handsome Santa cowboy

Brian Biege, and wife Liz who is obviously thrilled with the Santa dreads and rolled up napkin joint that Brian is sporting (our husbands are so mature :)

The happier couple...

My two pregnant friends! Mary Frances and Shannon, being the responsible drinking and smoking pregnant wives that they are (juuuuust kidding - kind of scary how well they pull it off for the photo though!)

The other happy couple: Robin and Jeff Coy (or, "Jeffy-Jeff-Coy-Ya'll," "Rackers," "Josh,"or any of the countless other terms of endearment Robin has given Jeff).

My girls - bringin sexy back in Santa hats!!! I love this picture :) Shannon, Me, Mary Frances, and Liz

Our very cool, very mature, and very good-looking husbands. Jeff, Brian, Robin, and Josh

Attempting to get our act together for a group picture...we look very dysfunctional at this point.

Ahhhh much better. Here's the whole gang!

And of course, the littlest elf himself made an appearance...though he was a little nervous about whatever was on his head.

There's my smiler :)

Stay tuned for more holiday happenings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment